Sunday, February 05, 2012

Ooohh! Healthy Glow



So I am a fan of creating “that healthy glow”
You can see that almost in all the makeup photos I have been posting.
Well maybe I had a phase in my highschool life and during my pregnancy stage where i truly had a bad unhealthy skin.

Makeup artists’ always have their own trademark or so called makeup style. 

I admire my former teacher’s “unkaVogueable” eyebrows style. 
I did try to apply it on my style but then found my own way of doing eyebrows.

I like another mentor’s style of doing the super diva lips. 
I applied the tricks he taught me and made a little twitch on my own style that worked for me.

I always tell my makeup students that every makeup artist has their own style, this is the reason they are always immersed in different projects and trainings. 

To work with other artist, to find their own trademark. I hope they always learn in every event they do and never forget that. 

And if you are a budding artist to be or simply a makeup enthusiast, don’t be shy to ask artists and stylists, learn from them, be nice, be friendly, open up and tell them, they would love to take a breather from their work and hear your stories and would be very open to share their trade secrets. Buzz them on facebook, say hello to them in events or parties.

Now back to the healthy glow tip, my style, my trademark, as I got 3 facebook private messages and friendly chitchat while working backstage asking me how I do it.
And if you like them, then maybe you can apply it to your own makeup style too.

Here’s the trick.
1.       Always start with a very clean base / face.
Every artist and client I worked with knows I am very meticulous on this and I take so much time on this. My students would at times hear me saying it a gazillion times to them while in class, “always make sure you work with a clean SKIN Step” (I am referring to the Prepping, concealing, foundation, setting and 3D or 5D contouring) before playing with colors. Your very expensive lipstick or eye shadows are worthless if your skin base is wacked off.  
I always worry to those other makeup artist who is investing in wrong items. Invest in good skin base items. Its not necessarily the most expensive ones, but items that works for you best that you can manipulate on your client face. And please never ever go drugstore or bazaar or tiangge fake powders and base. No. No. No. Remember skin cancer reaction soon.

2.       Have a good skin highlighter.

This is my healthy glow secret it. 
After the skin steps I did. I applied a good skin highlighter at the highest peak of the cheeks. I blend it well and let it dry including the entire skin steps. Its good to let the skin absorb creams or liquid you put on the face first and let the natural skin acidity works before putting on colors and powders. So wait for like a minute or two. 
While doing that, prepare your coloring items now or clean your brushes that you have just used. Remember that synthetic brushes dries up the liquid and cream right away and builds bacteria fast which causes zits and breakouts. Plus it’s hard to work on when a dry up silicone based cosmetic sticks to your brushes, that’s where the clumping and not so fine results get in.

3.       Setting everything.

Use an anti-perspire or oil control translucent colorless powder in order it will not interfere with skin basing. You don’t want your work to look like a ghost or geisha don’t you ;-)

4.       Set again, this time with dual powder.

5.       Work with your style of coloring.

Coloring means, your blush, your lipstick your eye colors. Anything that has got to do with colors.

For blush, use a matte peach tone (no shimmer) blush on the apples of the cheeks, with just 2 applications only and nothing more than that. We are achieving that healthy nude glow cheeks, remember

On the hollows of the cheeks, you may opt for the blush you choose as long as you dont go over the matte peach you placed on the apples of your cheeks. Application can be 3-4.

6.       Finish off with a Tea Tree bronzer for a not so sparkly bronzy glow but a healthy from within glow.


Materials – What are they?

1.       Cream based or liquid based Highlighter as base – go for a yellow based item. Remember Asians are mostly yellow undertones. No to pink undertones please. ;-)

2.       Highlighter Setter – it’s an orangey – corally powder setter you will see in the market and combined with green based powder.

3.       Skin Steps: Work with your skin type, if you’re oily, go for mattifying toner and moisturizer, but be sure you work at the TZone only the rest of your face do not actually produce that must oil and you tend to peel off if you do so.



Let me know if you have products questions, buzz me, tweet me up or write me up.

















See all common denominator on the cheeks, and i love it especially when camera and lights strikes them, whether its DSLR, iPhone Cam, or just Digicam. You will see that glow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...