Saturday, April 02, 2011

Your Crowning Glory

Lately I’ve been calling my hair or myself as Mufasa: from movie The Lion King, you will know what I mean. 

Uso ang suklay diba?!



I was born with a kinky hair, as I grew up its naturally wavy. And as I turned 18 all the styling and coloring makes it dull, dry, lifeless. I ended up scouting for a treatment and salon that could feed my hair with all the pampering and vitamins it needed from all the daily battle it faces from blow drying, iron, curling when I go to school and work before. 
Wavy curly hair me!
How my hair form when its wet to almost dry.
 
Hair rebonding was introduced to me when I was 18. I had to save up for it every year just to have it maintained, poor school girl like me. And I have to move from one salon to another.

Tony and Jackey - Alabang Branch

2005 when Tony and Jackey was introduced to me, It was a Korean Salon. I find it very very expensive for someone who is just starting in the corporate world. But it was all worth it. I finally found the salon that heed to the dilemma of my tresses.
Me and Actress Xaviera Schuck at a PENDONG: The Movie Premiere Night (thats how wavy and unruly my hair is)

 Though I had to stop having hair treatment such as rebonding when I got pregnant, so I had to be contented on how my hair condition (dull, lifeless, Lion King again) and would just visit in between when my first born finally ends the so called “maternal-feeding”.  Before my husband and I decided to have our second child I scheduled a visit to Tony and Jackey in Buendia - Pasong Tamo, that’s just in front of my office before (Exportbank Plaza) as this will be a long journey in sporting the Lion King once I get pregnant again and will have to wait a year after giving birth to our second child before all the tresses-luxury-loving treatment begins.


When in a rush this is the only hairstyle i could sport
no time for blow drying or ironing
At the set of a Horror Flick: My hair looks it was curled but actually thats how natural it can get
March 26 2011, my cousin Jamille celebrated her 18th K-pop Bash, so I finally set my foot to Tony and Jackey salon again for another treatment, the usual treatment I would get is the L’Oreal Hair Xtenso Rebonding. First a Keratin treatment is normally done to my dry lifeless hair – this will help bring your hair back to life, infusing all the vitamins and the protection it needed before the procedure, then the Xtenso treatment, after which Hair Manicure Treatment is applied to my hair for that soft, smooth and shiny colored hair.
Reasons why I keep coming back to this salon:

The product they are using.

                Who says you can’t go for hair rebonding because you got a colored treated hair. There are no No’s and Cannot.

                Procedure takes only 3 hours compare to others which takes 6 – 8 hours.

                Results is smooth and shiny after, there’s no need of suffering for a week or two with a dry, sticky hair just because you had your hair rebonded, makes sense right?

                Models, celebs, stylists and people on-the-go normally changes look every season as quick as like changing clothes for a runway show, that’s why their procedure is perfect.
                No weird, old-school hair chemical smell, just that sugary sweet one, my hubby is my number one critic and I love his compliment the hair treatment smells.

                It’s the Korean sleek style of taking care of your hair, we all adore those K-pop locks and mane, right?

                The salon and attendants itself will tell you what’s right for your hair, they don’t just push product or services just because of a sale. My pet-peeve to other salons where stylists would comment on one’s hair and made such recommendations blah-blah to poor client. 
A closer look when my hair is blow dried. Its still looks dull and lifeless
my new hair

a week after i went to tony and jackey

with my partner in make up gig, hairstylist enzo astroboy!

the king and queen of hearts in hair and make up artistry

just me doing my crazy antics


It happened to me where me and my cousin where having our nails done at a nearby salon and one of the stylist just tousled my hair and says his recommendation treatment blah-blah because I have an ugly hair according to him, I politely said no thank you but he keeps on saying how bad my hair was and keeps on pushing his treatment service etc to go with my nail treatment and I just laughed out loud.

Its only Salon de Manila and T&J who I trust that can give good attention to my hair.

Thank you to Tony and Jackey for the new do.
 Enjoy the photos

Credits to Salon de Manila for giving me my top pick hair color for summer, i just told them to give me a Hindy Tantoco browns and they got it perfectly the way i wanted it.

my famous smirk! :)

How are you doing lately? Got any chuckles?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitch!
    I love your new do!
    Like you, I have a very unruly hair...always tied up actually. I may have to check out T&J...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...